- Aren't all vinyl windows really about the same?
No. There are many different ways windows are manufactured and many different quality levels. Like anything else, you get what you pay for. You need to consider the type of glass being used, the type of gas between the panes, the type of materials used in the frame, and the coatings on the glass.
- Will I really save energy on my heating and cooling costs?
Yes! Because of the high quality of our windows, you are assured of energy savings. In fact, we actually guarantee a 30% fuel savings in writing.
- What happens if the thermal seal of the glass goes bad?
Every glass unit has a non-prorated lifetime warranty against seal failure.
- How long is it before I have to pay for a service call, if needed?
You will never have to pay for a service call… ever. Our windows come with an exclusive lifetime guarantee that includes “free” in-home service calls for any factory service work as a result of a defect in materials or workmanship. Your cost will always be $0.
- Who will perform the actual installation of my windows?
Our own trained craftsmen will install your new windows with pride and expertise. This will ensure both a quality installation and a beautiful job every time. Our installers average over 5 years experience each.
- How long does a window installation usually take?
Most jobs can be completed in one day, including clean up.
- How can we finance our purchase?
We can show you several financing options that can help you get the job done within your budget. Just call us at 919-868-7733 or complete this online form.
- How long will it take before my windows are ready to install?
Since your windows are custom made to fit your home, it normally takes 3 to 6 weeks, depending on how busy the factory is. We’ll give you a firm time estimate at the time of purchase.
- Are there advantages to vinyl over wood?
Yes, many. Our vinyl windows are all custom-made for a perfect fit. Most wood windows are standard size and won’t fit without a great deal of construction or carpentry work. Plus the vinyl windows are more energy efficient. Wood windows also require a tremendous amount of finish work (sanding and staining) that takes time and is expensive. Our warranty is much better (longer) than wood window warranties.
- What do I have to do to prepare for the installation?
Nothing. We will move the furniture as necessary and remove any window treatments that might be in the way of the installation. If the window treatments are able to be re-installed as they were originally attached, we will replace them for you. If for any reason they are not compatible we will save all of the hardware that had to be removed.
- Should I expect any damage to my home from the installation?
There should be no wall damage. When we reinstall the interior trim casing on each new window there will be some finish nail holes that may need to be filled and touched up with paint.
- How will the outside of the windows be finished?
After the new windows have been installed and the inside of the house is finished, we will go outside to each window and cover all exterior wood casing with a custom fit, finished aluminum trim.
- How long with my home be exposed to the weather?
Not very long. Each old window that we take out will be replaced and the opening will be ‘weather tight’ before we move on to the next window.
- What kind of maintenance is needed for the new windows?
The new windows are maintenance free. The exterior of the window is vinyl and the window trim is finished with double vinyl-clad aluminum. The adhesive sealant used to caulk the windows has a forty-year guarantee.
- Do I have to be home for the windows to be delivered?
No. The windows will be delivered to us and we will bring them with us when we begin installation.
- Do I have to be home while your workers are installing the windows?
No, but we do prefer that you be home during the inside installation. For the outside finish trim work, it is not necessary for us to have access to the inside of your home.
- How do I dispose of the old windows?
You don’t have to. We will take the old windows and clean all the debris from the job site as we do the installations.
- How does your glass breakage warranty work?
Simple. If the glass every breaks for any reason, we’ll replace it free of charge.